We learn from each project and with this Squantum Saltbox disaster we bought back in April, years of design learnings came together. We learned about flow, smart storage, and design finishes. We spent days designing and redesigning the layout to make the flow as effortless as breathing and then spent five months gut rehabbing it. The list of design improvements runs long:
- Opened the wall to give line of sight to the living room from the kitchen
- Converted two bedrooms into a master bathroom suite.
- Turned one of two living rooms into a dining room
- Added a second bathroom upstairs
- Cut back the jungle and planted new grass
- Added a closet, pantry, and bench
We initially planned to list it in the mid $600s but after all the extra expenses we listed it for $729,000. Let's see what buyers think at the open house.
The before and after photos tell the rest of the story.